OK, I have some good news. After the doc's office was quite snippy on Thursday despite my copious use of the a word (attorney) and insisted the doc wouldn't let me work, I left a final "if work didn't cause, aggravate or contribute to the condition, I should be allowed to work. If it didn't, it should be industrial." Most of the hassle is cause everyone (bosses, HR) is saying it is not industrial (no specific injury date to claim) they don't have to do anything. I even went down to Employee Health, talked to the nurse and picked up the industrial claim forms. I also called to make an appointment with an attorney specializing in industrial claims.
Well, shortly before 4PM on Friday, I got a call from the doc's office. I can work. They faxed the order to my boss's office then I found out he was on vacation. So, I called back and asked that they fax it to my unit. Several phone calls later and I am set to actually work. And after multiple pages, calls, and messages over a two day period, my boss finally called, said he got someone in Education Dept to give me light duty, then I told him my news that I can work regular. So, I am staving off poverty for the moment. No telling the results of the next test thou.
Now at to the suggestion my boss let me work light duty, ha! Well, now that the doc said I can work regular duty, they won't give me light duty unless the doc changes the order. And now that I am back on the schedule, I am scheduled to work the night of my EMG. Hopefully I won't get any drugs during the procedure that will prevent my working that night as I would be penalized, up to and including being fired if I didn't show up. And if I have a particularly bad and/or busy night and am in more pain cause of it, I dare not say anything lest I get fired. I was run ragged my first night. I never even got a break to eat either, not uncommon but I usually can sneak in a few bites occasionally. They do have people that may give you a break to go grab some food but don't expect them to do anything while you're gone or when you return. They will chat with coworkers while my meal gets cold cause I am working.
Monday, January 07, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment