Wednesday, January 09, 2002

Better doesn't describe it, got a call from HR, still no info from the doc's office, the required forms haven't been submitted. Seems when they wanted clarification and the doc's refused without getting in writing, they never asked as they are not required to do that, it's the doc's job to provide it. They don't have enough info to give me light duty and of course they don't even have the forms showing that I have regular duty. And the doc's didn't follow thru with the FMLA forms as promised. I have to meet with them tomorrow.

So, I called the doc's and of course the help hasn't filled out the forms and told me flat out not to be rude to them. I did remind them, they had been rude to me and had not done what they promised. So, maybe they will fill it out, maybe not. They are in no hurry to do it.

Legally, I am screwed. I did seek advice and was told that my employer can give preferential treatment and discriminate. Basically, they only have to do the minimum required by law which is why noone wants to do anything. If no law forces them to accomodate me, they won't. And I can't do a thing about it. Several coworkers said they would speak up for me but I was informed they wouldn't as they would get fired for doing so. My only hope is that the doc fills out the form. If not, I can get another doc which really doesn't help me much. in the here and now. Well, I did file for industrial as my bulging ie herniated disc is a common injury in my profession. If approved, I will beg for another doc. I am tired of all the crap.

I am counting the months til we can have another union election. Mind you, I doubt I would be suffering from all this crap if the union won.

No comments: