Friday, December 21, 2001

Nother update, Well, aside from having another test, I don't expect them to do anything about my back. I got the impression I wasn't in bad enough shape for them to do anything.. I can't afford to be off without income. It will be another 5 years before I can accrue enough time off to have any procedure done for any reason. I only get about 20 vacation days/year. Extended illness maxes out at 800 hours or maybe it's both that max out at that. It will take over 15 years to accrue that. There is no short term disability. Long term disability doesn't start til I am off for 6 months. Naturally, I found out how wonderful the benefits weren't after I had seen the doc. I would have been better to do nothing and just suffer working. When my supervisor took me down to find out just what there was available, I was told nothing. I am screwed. And since the doc said I could work, I won't be able to get even long term disability til he says I can't and am off another 6 months. And of course, if my employer says they won't provide me with light duty even temporarily, I am screwed royally now. I've got 1 1/2 paychecks coming then I am out of money. I expect I will have to sell or lose everything. And I am very not happy as things look extremely bleak. What's worse is I am out of meds to OD on. I've even contemplated digging out my 38. Yes, I am depressed about it all, very, very depressed. And no I am not in a fic writing mood or a dollz making mood or even a letter making mood.

No comments: