Thursday, December 20, 2001

Finally getting down to writing bout my visit to the doctor. I have a cyst at S1S2 and spinal stenosis with disc compression at L4L5. The cyst would explain my numb butt and tingling down the back of the leg but not the top of my foot. So I am going to have an EMG hopefully soon. I can go back to work but no lifting. And of course, with my wonderful employer (supervisor), after telling me that they could find me light duty, now say they can't. That is only provided to people who get injured on the job. I mentioned the coworker who worked a desk job for a while cause off due to illness. Not sure if that will help. I do note things have gotten worse since the union lost the vote. Damn!

So, in that bad mood, I sit and play with IncrediMail. It's unfortunately a Windows program but it is lots of fun. It does tend to crash a lot on my compy and after asking around found I just don't have enough memory to handle such a graphics intensive program (old compy). So, there is a possibility I may get another Windows machine when my health settles. I am thinking about one of those dual processor G4's running Virtual PC now that they have an OSX version. Oh comeon, I am thoroughly spoiled by OSX, it is more stable, UNIX you see.


running

No comments: