Monday, December 16, 2002

I did it, survived working seven days in a row, that be 12 hour shifts, and I'm tired, very very tired. Not too much happened while I was occupied bringing home the $$$ except for yesterday. I was trying to read a few emails after work when I heard my kid scream. Turned out that the kitten she was catsitting for a friend peed and pooped (diarrhea-stinky) on her bed and boy was she upset. It reminded me of all those times I screamed at the stupid f***ing computer when I got the blue screen of death way too many times. Later that day, she took the kitten over to another friend as she was NOT catsitting that cat any more. I am rather happy not that the cat is gone but that I am using a nice functioning computer that does NOT give me any trouble. Yes, it's true re Macs, it just works.

Updating, I was able to find an addin script that gave me a history in Chimera. Now I'm happy sortof. Still have the other kitten, the one she brought home. I refer to that cat as Psycho Cat as she is always attacking me. It is most annoying to be sitting reading email and having her jump on my back, digging in. It is equally annoying when feeding the cats, she jumps up and grabs my hand, digging in. I can hardly wait til my kid moves out that is if she takes that cat with her.

On the up side, I did have some influence in converting a friend, not to the Mac, but to Unix, specifically Linux. if one has a PC, Linux is a nice option and has some nice GUI's plus if you don't like what is available, being open source, one can create their own GUI.

No comments: