Can M$ terminate your licence to use Windows XP or refuse to activate or reactivate it? This was a question posted on ZDNet. They can. Will they? Who knows...probably. Can someone hack your system to take control over it like Microsoft can do? Far as I know anything can be hacked. I already know from their EULA that M$ can update your compy without informing you and disable your software in the process. Considering that Windows Updates generally hose the system, it occured to me that M$ put that in there not cause updates may deliberately disable competing software but to protect them from liability cause it tends to hose your system anyway. And since they are doing it without informing you, guess they don't want lawsuits. If you agreed to the update, then M$ has no liability.
So I've been gone, working mostly, then got sick, yuck. So I am laying in bed, contemplating how much the epidural cost and how long the effect didn't work. Yes, it didn't last long enough thanks to work. Pain.
Saturday, December 07, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment