I found the most interesting link on Palladium. Scary stuff, to quote, "So after the Soviet Union's attempts to register and control all typewriters and fax machines, TCPA attempts to register and control all computers. The implications for liberty, democracy and justice are worrying. " And not just for Linux and OSX, interesting after Apple made their computers easier to connect with Windows PC's, this will lock them out again. Shades of the Instant Messenger wars only bigger. Eventually you won't be able to communicate with anyone on the net, buy, sell, whatever without that chip. And you won't have control over what is on your PC, Microsoft will. And you think it's a monopoly now, it's starting to sound like the antichrist with TCPA/Palladium being the mark of the beast. I'm not a fundie by any means but I have read the Bible. And Microsoft wants the technology everywhere, not just your PC.
And I had no idea carmakers were using similar measures to prevent you from using an independent repair shop. And cell phones, printers, and the Playstation2 already use similar technology too. Hmmm, do I want one, well I don't intend to use it for anything cept PSX games so I can deal with that. But no way will I network it with a PC or the net.
Friday, September 20, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment