Sunday, January 05, 2003

Well, I haven't gotten very far with the site, haven't done much of anything. Yesterday, I played Gem Drop, evil little game. Basically, I slept all morning, had barely woken up and the phone rang. Gotta go to work. They asked, I agreed. At least I have a job. And I sure need the money. And so long as I get to work in my department and not elsewhere, it is tolerable for my back. Mind you, last Thursday it was past intolerable. The pain was so severe, I wanted to kill it with some Smirnoff and I don't drink. I didn't, but the thought was there. I did get to work with this annoying person who loved PC's cause they're so upgradable. Yeah, everything but the OS. Attempt an upgrade and you discover you have to buy a new computer anyway cause the damn upgrade OS won't install. That happened with Win3.1 to Win95 and with Win95 to Win98. Mind you I had no problem upgrading OS9 to OS X, actually run both on the same machine with no problems whatsoever. Sides, there is little to upgrade on the Mac as it came with built in ethernet, firewire, everything cept a CD burner and as I was sharing one between 3 computers anyway, didn't feel the need to get one. Now that will change if I get that iMac, no money haven't got one yet.

Whether or not I spring for the iMac or for more mundane stuff like essential supplies in the event of war depends a lot on Dubya. I expect there WILL be war. How long, how nasty, not sure. That depends on whether other terrorist states and organizations get involved, whether someone, anyone, targets Israel, and whether Iraq garners support from other countries. It could be a quickie like the last time or it could be big, really big, like global thermonuclear war big, or anything in between, hard to tell really. It's a bit unsettling to say the least.

No comments: