Thursday, January 23, 2003

I decided to do something brave. In the face of no info on whether Shania's new CD "Up" is copy protected, I took a chance and tried it out on the iMac and it worked. Copy protected CD's can't play on and will wreck Macs so I always try to find out first. Interesting, in Wired Magazine there is an article about Sony. They make copy protected CD's that won't play on Sony PC's. You'd have thought they would have worked out a DRM for their PC's so they would play. Nope, not even, dumb. In case anyone wonders, I hang out at /..;)

Still have the stone, have been nauseated a lot either from the stone, the antibiotic, or the pain meds, take your pick. Saw the doc who sent me to a urologist, no infection so have to wait it out. Course, if I get too miserable, I can get an IVP.

I did have an interesting day yesterday, after visiting the docs, I attended a meeting for safety reps at work. Rarely is a meeting interesting but with war around the corner so to speak, it was. OK, it was no keynote address. Nothing can match Steve Jobs' keynotes. But it was informative. Recommended reading for everyone whether or not they attended the meeting is here. Pay particular attention to smallpox. You want to find out whether or not you are eligible for the vaccine cause you may need it. Other war stuff of note, I found a site full of useful info you might want to check out here. It even has a map of terrorist cells in the US.

No comments: