Monday, April 23, 2001

Comparing OSX and XP, OSX takes a mere 1.5GB of hard disc space while XP takes 2GB, guess I won't be able to use XP on my compy with a 2.5GB HD. Greedy OS's. Wonder how Bill Gates does it? Remember the DOJ and their suit against Microsoft for bundling IE in with Windows? Did he learn, well let's see, XP still has IE, the Windows Media Player is bundled in as is a jukebox as is CD-R writing as is firewall software as is improved backup. At least third party software still does it better. And XP has compatibility mode so it will run your old Windows programs, basically that's a Windows emulation program much like X-Windows for OSX. Actually, from looking at XP, it looks like someone was spending a lot of time windowing OSX, which still looks better. But the best thing is you can program in OSX. I haven't seen that easily available in XP. I'm just waiting for full DVD support as this iMAC has a DVD player and I have to be able to watch my Trigun.

No comments: