Wednesday, February 28, 2001

Thought I should comment on Napster now that my kid can play her MP3's on her CD player. I found it to be a great annoyance. First, she'd download some song I never heard of from some obscure group then insist on getting the CD. More often than not, we'd end up at Zia Records or Stinkweeds and still not be able to find it. Course, I have a pile of vinyl that I can't play. Stereos don't come with turntables anymore. And that Napster usually has what I am looking for if the stores don't. Can't have that. And friends sharing can be just as bad. One friend sent an MP3 of KMFDM. I went out and bought a bunch of CD's cause of that. Then, my kid took them so it's *grumbles* back to Napster. And yes, I've spent a small fortune on CD's. The upside of the new CD/MP3 Player is that she doesn't take a bunch of CD's to school where they get stolen. It does get expensive replacing stolen CD's, so I rather like the MP3 Player.

No comments: